Bermuda Scooter Rentals - Oleander Cycles
You can rent your scooter right here at the resort, we have an Oleander Cycles location.
If you are comfortable with a scooter or a moped, this will give you freedom and flexibility on this island. You won't have to wait for a taxi or the bus. However, Bermuda roads are quite narrow and winding, and at times can be quite steep. So please be careful.
For pricing & more info please visit www.oleandercycles.bm
Renting a scooter (or moped to some) is truly a great way to experience Bermuda in its full aesthetic glory. From stunning beaches and lush tropical greenery to historic churches, forts and villages, the landscape can be fully appreciated via the comfort and independence of a private rental cycle.
Since there are no car rental agencies on the island, renting a private scooter is the only way for a visitor to have complete freedom of movement when traveling in Bermuda. Exploring the coastline, seeing a beautiful beach at random, then stopping roadside to soak in the view and take pictures is one of the most liberating feelings imaginable, turning your vacation into a unique escapade of wonder and discovery!
Although Bermuda scooter rental is a competitive business, Oleander Cycles is by far the most trusted and well-known agency. Their recently upgraded fleet of bikes, high safety standards and friendly, knowledgeable staff are just some of the things that separate them from the competition.
Available in one-person (standard) and two-person (deluxe) options.
All Rentals Include:
- Lock & Carrying Basket
- Third Party Insurance
- Island-Wide Breakdown Services
Here's a few Bermuda Scooter Riding Tips from Oleander's:
- Keep to the left. We drive on the left side of the road in Bermuda. It takes time to get used to, so please remember, keep to the left.
- Wear the helmet provided and keep it securely fastened when riding. It's smart and it's the law.
- The maximum speed limit throughout Bermuda is 35 kph or about 22 mph. In the Town of St. George it is reduced to 25 kph.
- Please take corners and bends slowly and carefully. The speed limit is strictly enforced and fines for violations are severe. So, slow down and enjoy Bermuda.
- Let the engine warm up for about 1 minute before starting off.
- For faster response when braking, ride with your fingers of your left hand resting on the rear brake lever.
- Park only where it is legal to do so.
- It is a smart idea to wear a jacket and shoes when riding. And, bright clothing makes it easy for other drivers to see you.
- Fasten your belongings securely in the cycle's basket.
- The yellow centre line on the road is a warning that it is dangerous to pass or illegal to park.
- Do not touch the muffler once the engine has been running. It becomes very hot.
- Lock your cycle, it is not insured against theft. If your cycle is stolen, call us at Oleander and the police immediately.
- Slow down and use extra care when riding on wet or sandy surfaces. Many corners, hills and entrances are blind and require extra caution.